The Hockey Canada Safety Program utilizes a proactive, preventative, common sense approach to keeping our children safe. The goal of the program is for the safety people to implement effective risk management programs with their own teams where player safety is the first priority at all times, both on and off the ice.
The safety person is a volunteer who has received HCSP accreditation. The HCSP program must be successfully completed every three (3) years in order to be a team’s safety person, even if the individual is a medical professional.
Hockey Canada Safety Program (HCSP) Guidelines
- The minimum age for participants is 19 years of age as of December 31 of the current season
- HCSP expires after three (3) years
- It is mandatory to have at least one (1) certified official on each team
- HCSP must be completed by December 1 of the current season
- All teams intending to participate in BC Hockey Championships, must include an official accredited in the HCSP by December 1 of the current season
The AMHA encourages each team to have two or more HCSP Rostered people per team (two per team will be covered by the AMHA).