Rep Skills Programs
Atom/Pee Wee Rep Development
All Atom/Pee Wee Rep players are offered a minimum of 5 one hour development sessions offered at primetime, on weekdays between October & February each season, approximately 30-40hrs of programming. The focus of the sessions is individual skill development. Players are assigned to skill groups determined by their coaches and attend the development sessions with similar skilled players.
The sessions include but are not limited to;
- Power Skating (edges/balance, acceleration, starts/stops, agility)
- Puck Skills (passing, shooting, stickhandling, dekes)
- Individual Tactics (evasive moves, delays, give & goes - time & space)
AMHA offers speciality clinics for various divisions, throughout the season. These programs are not regularly scheduled like the Initiation, Atom, Pee Wee & Goalie programs are. The amount of clinics & type of offerings are determined primarily by the availability of ice time and instructors.
Regular Clinics offered;
- Developing Defencemen
- Checking Skills & Contact Confidence
- Shooting and Scoring Clinic
- Offensive Zone Concepts Clinic
- Defensive Play Concepts Clinic
For more information on the AMHA Development Philosophy.
Rep Skill Development Programs and Times: